• We are hosting our Coffee Day for the Hospice on Thursday October 25th. Parents are free to drop in for a cuppa and a chat from 1.00 to 2.30 pm. Children will receive a drink and snack and are asked to contribute a maximum of €2 per child. Adult donations are at your own discretion. Once again, we would like if families could provide a small amount of home-made scones, buns, biscuits, etc. (please label any containers that need to be returned).
Thursday will also be our Fancy Dress Day with a Halloween theme (no masks or face paint or weapons) Children are invited to dress up in costume and children who do not dress in costume must wear their uniform. There won’t be an Assembly, due to the Coffee Day.
• Congratulations to all our athletes who recently competed in the Primary Schools Cross Country. We had a total of 38 pupils involved in the County event. Everyone performed really well and we were fortunate enough to have three winning teams, in addition to individual medalists, (Gemma O’ Callaghan and Emma Carroll). The Connaught Championships were held in Loughrea and our teams performed extremely well in very difficult conditions. All teams (junior girls, senior girls and senior boys) came fourth, just outside the medals, but Gemma and Emma once again won individual medals.
• This year, we are supporting the Christmas Shoe Box Appeal. Brochures have been distributed. Collection takes place on Friday 9th November. (when we return after the Mid-Term Break).
• I appeal to all parents again to please drive and park with care and consideration for all road users. The bus spaces should be left clear, and drivers shouldn’t park in a manner that could compromise a child’s safety.
• A number of incidents of head lice have been reported since we returned to school in September. It can be extremely difficult to eradicate the problem, and treatment can be expensive. Mid-Term will provide an opportunity for all to check, and treat if necessary so that hopefully we will be lice free in November. I would urge you to check your child’s hair regularly with a fine comb.
• Parent/Teacher meetings take place on Tuesday 13th & Thursday 15th November from 3.00p.m.to 5.00p.m. Appointments will be arranged on Monday 5th November. If either day is more/less convenient please inform your child’s teacher by this Thursday (25th). It will not be possible to change appointments once they have been arranged, (as one change could impact on numerous appointments